Unstoppable Global Warming

The Facts Behind the 1,500-year Climate Cycle
Authors' Blog by Dr. S. Fred Singer and Dennis T. Avery

Friday, October 27, 2006

A journalist asked what made me write Unstoppable Global Warming: Every 1500 Years

Recently a journalist asked me what made me write Unstoppable Global Warming: Every 1,500 Years. The answer didn't come easily. I thought global warming was being overhyped, and I had written an article for the Hudson Institute magazine, American Outlook, on the happy circumstances of the Medieval Warming. That article was picked up in the August, 1999, Reader's Digest under the title, "What's Wrong With Global Warming?" After that, I kept an eye on the research through our subscription to Science. Then in 2003, my boss at Hudson thought the world might need another book on global warming. We discussed it, and he asked me to write it. I recruited Dr. Fred Singer, whom I had met as a result of the Reader's Digest article, and whose weekly newsletter I had been reading. He was the expert, I was the layman. That's how it all started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home